Saturday, December 31, 2011

Body

Annual checkup indicates that I gained 24 pounds in the last 18 months.
 I'm not surprised.
Besides belly dance and sometimes Zumba, I rarely exercise.
It's generally dark when I get home from work.
Plus, between work and school, I've spent an intolerable amount of time hunched over the computer.
I've relied more than usual on take out food....never as healthy as home cooked.
Other excuses: stress, stress, and stress.
Well, enough with the excuses.

I like my body right now. My stomach is firm and muscled.  I have no flabby parts, though few parts are  as toned as I prefer them to be (ego ego ego).  If I could go to work naked.....ah, but that's not in the stars.

Anyway, It's time to shed a few pounds....
Not as a New Year resolution, just to get my edge back.
I want to be more mindful of what I eat, and how I live in general.



It's time to initiate new patterns of behavior: more vegetables and
 neighborhood walks.....Fewer meals over the computer.
What goes on can also come off.
Starting now,  my clothes will fit better each week.
My energy and focus will grow.
I'll need all three to accomplish my goals for this year.




No comments:

Post a Comment