Tuesday, October 11, 2011

CRASH

  I resisted owning a computer for many years.  Now my shiny ( recertified) Macbook pro is the possession I most value.  I don't mind schlepping the children to endless birthday parties if I can connect to the universe and get some work done.

Recently,  our other computer, the family PC, crashed exactly at the moment when I was saving a document.  Ever since Hurricane Irene blew through, the machine has been out of sorts; I think that this latest crash signifies the end.  The machine has become unreliable, so I ordered a recertified one from  Newegg.  I don't want to spend the money or utilize more conflict metals, but it will be nice to have a shiny new (or at least new to me) portal through which to enter many aspects of my life.

2 comments:

  1. Yay to the new arrival!
    Be sure to wear it out like you did the previous one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait til it gets here....!!! Yes, we'll run it down, but hopefully not too quickly.

    ReplyDelete