Monday, June 27, 2011

Solar cooking

Building useful contraptions is not my strong suit, but I can make a solar cooker.  I made my first solar oven, because it was the right thing to do.  My class was studying the electromagnetic spectrum; a solar cooking experience clearly belonged in the unit. I began to gather information out of a sense of duty, but quickly became enthusiastic about the project.  Since then, I have made solar ovens with students and neighbors.  Steve Jones, physics professor of BYU, designed the solar cooker that I make.  For directions, click here.

The cooker is easy to make and works great.    I usually cook soups, but next Thursday the kids at solar camp will make gingerbread.  Here is more information about cooking with your solar cooker.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for providing the information. I would like to see some more blogs on this topic.. solar pv

    ReplyDelete