Thursday, June 9, 2011

Navel-gazing


 I have written two novels: both were absolute crap: good beginnings that disintegrated into navel gazing.   I see the world differently than storytellers do.  I don't intuit plot and structure in an epic way.  I'm closer to a universal sieve. As experiences, and voices enter, I struggle to maintain a few boundaries. I can record the forest, but  trees exist only as representation of abstract relationships.  Not a story teller, but I do like to write.  I collect fragments; writing them down keeps me sane.


  I write, I always have written.  Poems, journals, letters...now emails......I write to figure out what I want to say.  Sometimes I can see your past, and often I can read the future.  Writing is powerful, even at small unpopulated crossroads.  I have wanted to try something new with writing; now that life things are a bit less chaotic, I can.  I shall try to write something in this blog every day for a month. Just to see where that takes me....  Omphalos: doorway to the mighty ocean? Or bodypart that has outlived its use?  We shall see! Please read!  Please comment!

3 comments:

  1. I shall be reading.
    It would be interesting to see how this goes.

    Great blog btw, conventional can be boring. Otherwise, I think all males should have been created looking like Idris Elba and all women like Lauryn Hill. Hmm...a world full of Idrises doesn't sound have bad actually...

    Goodluck, all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to let go of the fantasy of looking like Lauryn Hill, but I'll take the world as motley as it is. Thank you so much for reading.

    ReplyDelete