Friday, June 24, 2011

Empty bottles

This week is my first  at a new job.  It is nice to be  in a relatively sane environment.  I like the koi pond off of the back porch of my classroom.  I like being part of a dynamic (not going out of business) workplace.  It's fun getting to know new children.  I'm doing a solar energy camp for a couple of weeks, a good way to become familiar with new people, and protocols.

Right now I'm trying to figure out what to do with 30 wine jugs, gallon sized, donated by a friend of the school.  The philanthropist who donated them thought that they would make great solar night lights, and that's my favorite option. I haven't found a good recipe for making said nightlights with young children.  I have found some really neat ideas, though.  Go to this site if you want to make beer bottle Christmas trees, chandeliers, or monastery.

No comments:

Post a Comment